Credit by Examination
Burnet CISD offers Credit by Examination for acceleration at every grade level and subject area offered in accordance with the Texas State Board of Education rules. A student is allowed to advance one grade level or one course per academic year. Burnet CISD offers four Credit by Examination testing windows throughout the year.
For more information about Credit by Examination, please contact your campus counselor.
- A student in any grade (1-12) may use examinations (without prior instruction) in lieu of course work for:
- Acceleration to advance one grade level (Grades 1-5)
- Earning credit in an academic subject (Grades 6-12)
- Questions regarding these examinations and procedures for kindergarten acceleration may be discussed with campus principal.
- The parent must complete a credit by exam request and submit this form to their campus principal for approval.