Burnet CISD offers Credit by Examination for acceleration at every grade level and subject area offered in accordance with the Texas State Board of Education rules. A student is allowed to advance one grade level or one course per academic year. Burnet CISD offers four Credit by Examination testing windows throughout the year.
For more information about Credit by Examination, please contact your campus counselor.
- A student in any grade (1-12) may use examinations (without prior instruction) in lieu of course work for:
- Acceleration to advance one grade level (Grades 1-5)
- Earning credit in an academic subject (Grades 6-12)
- Questions regarding these examinations and procedures for kindergarten acceleration may be discussed with campus principal.
- The parent must complete a credit by exam request and submit this form to their campus principal for approval.
Time windows for application and testing are:
Apply the first working Monday in May - first working Monday in June: test in June for fall course placement
Apply the first working Monday in June - first working Monday in July: test in July for fall course placement
Apply the first working Monday in October - first working Monday in November: test in November for spring course placement
Apply the first working Monday in January - first working Monday in February: test in March for fall course placement
For exams associated with fees, payment must be submitted with application in order to schedule exam sessions.