Student Transfer Information
Thank you for your interest in the student transfer process for Burnet CISD. The inter-district transfer application (living in another district and applying to attend BCISD) and the In-District Reassignment Request application (attending an elementary school different than your assigned elementary school) can be found below. Please read carefully and complete the entire application. If you are new to Burnet CISD, additional documents are required to complete your application. The list of those documents can be found on the application. An application for transfer into the district does not necessarily mean the application will be approved. Approvals are for the current school year only and do not roll over into the next school year.
The following conditions will apply to any transfer requests that are considered:
- Approval is year-to-year. There is no guarantee once a student is granted a transfer that the transfer will be approved in following years
- No transportation will be provided by the district
- The district may assign students to a campus based on district needs
- Requests may be denied for reasons that include, but are not limited to attendance, academic performance and behavior
- NEW TO BCISD- Required supporting documents MUST be submitted with application for all NEW to BCISD transfer requests. This list of documents can be found on the application.
- BCISD will not pursue supporting documents for these requests. Applications submitted without supporting documents will not be considered.
If it is your intention to request a transfer for the 2019-2020 school year, please complete the application and submit to Sharon Schwartz:
By email: email@example.com
By FAX 512-756-7498
By mail or in person to:
Burnet CISD Central Office
208 East Brier Street
Burnet, Texas 78611
DEADLINE FOR THE INTER-DISTRICT TRANSFER APPLICATION FOR 2019-2020 IS APRIL 30, 2019.
DEADLINE FOR THE IN-DISTRICT REASSIGNMENT APPLICATION FOR 2019-2029 IS APRIL 30, 2019
Acceptance or denial of your request will be communicated in writing no later than August 9, 2019.
If applications are received after the deadline, your student will be added to a wait list and you will be notified when the request has been approved or denied once class sizes are confirmed.