Student Transfer Information
Thank you for your interest in the student transfer process for Burnet CISD. The Out of District Transfer application (living in another district and applying to attend BCISD) and the In-District Reassignment Request application (attending an elementary school different than your assigned elementary school) can be found below. Please read carefully and complete the entire application. If you are new to Burnet CISD, additional documents are required to complete your application. The list of those documents can be found on the application. An application for transfer into the district does not necessarily mean the application will be approved. Approvals are for the current school year only and do not roll over into the next school year.
The following conditions will apply to any transfer requests that are considered:
- Approval is year-to-year. There is no guarantee once a student is granted a transfer that the transfer will be approved in following years
- No transportation will be provided by the district
- The district may assign students to a campus based on district needs
- Requests may be denied for reasons that include space and instructors available, attendance and behavior
- NEW TO BCISD- Required supporting documents MUST be submitted with application for all NEW to BCISD transfer requests. This list of documents can be found on the application.
- BCISD will not pursue supporting documents for these requests. Applications submitted without supporting documents will not be considered.
Out-of-District Transfer Requests and In-District Reassignment Requests for the 2021-2022 School Year are now being accepted. The transfer acceptance window is April 1 - April 30, 2021. The appropriate forms are located below. After completion, return the request form to:
Burnet CISD Administration Office
208 E. Brier
Burnet, Texas 78611