Human Resources » Grievances & Complaints

Grievances & Complaints

Most issues can be resolved by contacting the teacher, coach, guidance counselor, etc. The campus principal or assistant principal can also resolve many issues informally.

Parents and community members wishing to contact the school board regarding a grievance or complaint about a specific school, teacher or child are encouraged to begin at the level closest to the concern. The Board encourages students and parents to discuss their concerns and complaints through informal conferences with the appropriate teacher, principal, or other campus administrator. Concerns should be expressed as soon as possible to allow early resolution at the lowest possible administrative level.

The District encourages informal resolution of complaints. Students, parents, employees, and members of the community may initiate the formal grievance process by filing a grievance in accordance with the policies listed below:

Even after initiating the formal complaint process, students, parents, employees, and community members are encouraged to seek informal resolution of their concerns. A formal complaint may be withdrawn at any time. You may also contact Michele Gilmore, Director of Human Resources & Title IX Coordinator, at any time to discuss a concern you may have at [email protected] or (512) 756-2124.


Neither the Board nor any District employee shall unlawfully retaliate against anyone for bringing a concern or complaint forward.


Complaint Forms