Human Resources » Separation from Employment

Separation from Employment


Burnet CISD Separation Process 

  1. Resignation Letter - In order to separate from Burnet CISD, you must submit a voluntary letter of resignation to your principal/supervisor or Human Resources. The letter must be signed and dated. Also include the effective date of your separation as well as your reason for separation.
  2. Employee Exit Report Form - This form may be obtained from your Campus Principal’s office or on the HR webpage. Complete form and return to your Campus Principal, Department Director or Human Resources. 
  3. Exit Survey - We will email you an exit survey. Your input is valued and we ask that you complete this short survey as you depart the district.
  4. Change of Contact Information - If you are moving, please update your personal contact information
  5. Professional Learning Transcripts Download your professional learning transcripts. Please note, you will not have access after your last day of employment with Burnet CISD. 

  6. Exit Meeting - Please contact Michele Darling, Benefits Coordinator, [email protected] (512-756-2124), to complete required paperwork and for information regarding your final paycheck.
 Additional Information about the Separation Process:
  • Service Record Please contact Michele Darling, Benefits Coordinator, [email protected] (512-756-2124), to request your service records if you are seeking employment with another district.
  • TRS Refund -  If you are interested in requesting a refund of your TRS member contribution you may download the TRS 6 form.The form must be signed and notarized and submitted/mailed directly by you to TRS in Austin. Please note: This is not a requirement when you separate from employment; however, it is an option.
  • Retirees Only - If you are retiring through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), please contact them directly regarding the TRS requirements for retirement. You may access their website via or call 1-800-223-8778. Please note that your separation is processed through BCISD, but your retirement is processed through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS). TRS requires that specific questions related to your retirement be addressed by TRS.

If you have any questions, please call Human Resources at 512-756-2124.

We appreciate your service to the students of BCISD and wish you the best in your future endeavors.