• Create a successful read aloud experience
– Establish a daily routine
– Eliminate interruptions
– Enjoy first and then teach
– Examine illustrations
– Explore the story further
• Assist your child with organization of time, study area and materials.
• Praise your child frequently and specifically for good effort as well as for success in a variety of areas, not just schoolwork.
• Assist your child in developing study strategies:
– Homework completion plan
– Planning for long-term or complex assignments
– Break large assignments into smaller steps