In addition, Mr. Ervin provided a number of tips to protect individuals and organizations from cyber threats.The tips include:
- Change your passwords often.
- Use different passwords for different applications.
- Do not provide your password, user name or other sensitive
information in response to an email from ANY source.
- Be careful clicking links within an email. Hover over links
embedded in an email to determine the true destination.
- Be cautious and aware when using Free WiFi.
- Be cautious before using unknown USB drives (thumb drives, flash drives, etc.).
- Only download apps from trusted sources (not 3rd party sources).
Burnet CISD is committed to protecting sensitive data and its networks, and the cyber security training for staff is one more way we are keeping that commitment.