Burnet Consolidated ISD

Skip to main content

Are You Registered to Vote?

Below are some frequently asked questions and helpful information pertaining to voter registration, early voting, and election day voting.  Complete bond election information can be found here.  

How can I determine if I’m registered to vote?

You can check your voter registration status here. You need a few things: Voter ID number or Texas Driver’s License number, your name, county of residence, and date of birth.


How do I register?

You can fill out a registration application online, but an original application with signature must still be mailed to your local county voter registrar.

CLICK address for a list of the county voter registrar offices

You can also call the statewide Voter Registration Office at 210-335-VOTE (8683) and request a voter registration application. You may also find voter registration applications at libraries, government offices, high schools, or with volunteer deputies.

 When is the deadline to register?

Turn in your application by April 1, 2021 to vote in the May 1, 2021 election. Get an application online here.


I just moved. Do I need to re-register?

If you moved to a different county, yes. If you moved to a different address within the same county, no. All you have to do is update your address online. You can also get a new voter registration application, make note of your new address, and mail it to the Voter Registration Office.


When does early voting begin?

Early voting starts April 19, 2021 and runs through April 27, 2021.

Click here for a list of Early Voting Locations


When is Election Day?

Election Day is May 1, 2021. Polls will be open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.


What do I need to bring with me to vote?

You need to provide one of the following seven forms of identification:

·       Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)

·       Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS

·       Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS

·       Texas Handgun License issued by DPS

·       United States Military Identification Card containing your photograph

·       United States Citizenship Certificate containing your photograph

·       United States Passport (book or card)


If you don’t have one of the seven forms of identification listed above and can’t reasonably get one, you can bring one of these:

·       A copy or original of a government document that shows your name and an address, including your voter registration certificate

·       A copy of or original current utility bill

·       A copy of or original bank statement.

·       A copy of or original government check

·       A copy of or original paycheck

·       A copy of or original of (a) a certified domestic (from a U.S. state or territory) birth certificate or (b) a document confirming birth admissible in a court of law which establishes your identity, which may include a foreign birth document.


Where can I vote?

Burnet County Agrilife Auditorium - 607 North Vanderveer Street, Burnet, Texas 78611
Silver Creek Community Center - 101 CR 128, Burnet, Texas 78611
Cassie Subdivision Community Center - 3920 FM 690, Burnet, Texas 78611
Bertram Library - 170 North Gabriel Street, Bertram, Texas 78605
Briggs Community Center - 215 Loop 308, Briggs, Texas 78608
Marble Falls Courthouse Annex - 810 Steve Hawkins Parkway, Marble Falls, Texas 78654


What about absentee ballots?

Get an application for ballot by mail here. You can vote by mail if you are:

·       Going to be away from your county on Election Day and during early voting

·       Sick or disabled

·       65 years of age or older on Election Day

·       Confined in jail, but eligible to vote


Have more questions?

Check out VoteTexas.gov. Or ask us, and we’ll find an answer for you.