BCISD believes that the life lesson of giving back to others is so important. Here are some ways the students provided "service to others".
- Bertram Elementary created works of art to give to local businesses to show appreciation for supporting their campus. Bertram Elementary is blessed every year by many community businesses and organizations that support their students and staff.
- First and Second graders at Shady Grove donated to the local animal shelters, while Kinder collected food donations for LaCare. Pre-K wrote thank you notes for the campus cafeteria and custodial staff.
- R.J. Richey 3rd and 4th graders made rice heating bags and lap blankets for the local assisted living facilities. The custodial staff was treated with heated bags as well! 5th graders painted positive messages on rocks to add to the landscape bed in front of the campus.
- Burnet Middle School students studied the history of MLK day and created thank-you notes for first responders, health care workers, and educators. AVID classes serviced the campus by cleaning bulletin board and painting cabinets.
- BHS participated in an assortment of service projects including a book and blanket drive, making goodie bags of candy for Hill Country Children's Advocacy Center, community clean-up around town, helping custodians clean the cafeteria, organizing the campus clothes closet and distributing donations, and creating encouraging posters to hang around the campus.
- Quest High School students held a clean-up day to help beautify the campus and facilities. The students enjoyed working together on this day of serving others.