Burnet Consolidated ISD

Skip to main content

How to Express A Concern

The District encourages students, parents, employees, and community members to discuss their concerns and complaints through informal conferences with the appropriate teacher, principal, director, or other administrator. Concerns should be expressed as soon as possible to allow early resolution at the lowest possible administrative level. 

If an informal conference regarding a complaint fails to reach the outcome requested, you may initiate the formal process described in policy below:
Complaint Forms
Even after initiating the formal complaint process, students, parents, employees, and community members are encouraged to seek informal resolution of their concerns. A formal complaint may be withdrawn at any time.  You may also contact Michele Gilmore, Director of Human Resources and Administrative Services, at any time to discuss a concern you may have at mgilmore@burnetcisd.net or (512) 756-2124.

Neither the Board nor any District employee shall unlawfully retaliate against anyone for bringing a concern or complaint forward.